Date(s) - Friday, Dec 8
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
White Fence Farm
6263 W Jewell Ave
This year’s Christmas Party and annual recognition event will be at White Fence Farms. Expected cost per person will be $30 per person with a cash bar for adult beverages. The normal silent auction will be held a month earlier at the club’s annual business meeting but this year’s holiday event will feature a white elephant gift exchange – details on that are below. Please look out for the party invite coming out soon!
It’s almost December, and you know what that means — time to bust out the lists and get to shopping, because you have a whole gaggle of random people to shop for. From gag gifts for your friends to gifts for your boss and coworkers, ’tis the season to stock up for every possible occasion, including the twist to our HPD Christmas Party — a white elephant gift exchange! As mentioned in the September update, the annual fundraising raffle and silent auction will be held during the November club meeting rather than at the Christmas Party. In its place, we are hosting a special event known as a White Elephant Gift Exchange (also goes by Yankee Swap, Dirty Santa and a host of other names). If you’re not familiar with the concept, a “white elephant gift exchange” is a popular event where people try to walk away with the best present. Who doesn’t love tacosaurus socks and goofy refrigerator magnets? Nobody, that’s who. Get ready, gifters, because there’s a white elephant in the room, and for once it’s a good thing!
More information will be shared in the November newsletter but for now, here are the gift guidelines:
- Gift dollar limit is encouraged not to exceed $25.
- Each guest brings a gift; for couples this means that 2 gifts are contributed and the total combined amount should not exceed $20.
- Each guest should purchase their gifts separately to ensure that each person only knows what they brought, not what others brought.
- There is no theme – we encourage silly and serious gifts.
- All gifts should be wrapped.
- Small Flybox with flies
- Hangin’ with the Homies Air Fresheners for the car
- LED Light up Cocktail Shaker
- Lottery tickets (if you win you don’t have to share!)
- Head Lamp
- Knee socks
- Sriracha 2 Go Keychain
- Tippet material and nippers
- Cabela’s gift card